Welcome to DermaHealth! Thank you for choosing our clinic and trusting us with your skin care. It is our goal to work with you to achieve your best results possible. Call us if you have any questions at any time. The following instructions will help you achieve the best results from your Genesis treatment. Please take a moment to review this information and go over any questions and/or concerns you may have with your consultant or call the clinic at 417-447-7777.
Pre Treatment Instructions:
- Please reveal any medical conditions that may be of significance to the Genesis treatment—such as any type of allergy, current medications (of special concern are photosensitizing medications such as Accutane, tetracycline), recent surgery or current use of Retin-A.
- Use Formula 3 or FFN antifungal solution to affected nails for 2 weeks prior to your laser treatment.
- Do not use self-tanning lotions or tanning booths or sunbathe two weeks prior to your laser treatment.
- Remove all nail polish completely prior to your laser treatment.
- If you have dark hair on your toes/fingers next to the nails, you should shave it prior to your treatment.
Post Treatment Instructions:
- Post treatment you should apply an over-the-counter antifungal cream massaging onto and between all toes, on the bottom, sides and heels of both feet morning and night. You should use a product with one of the following active ingredients: clotrimazole 1%, tolnaftate 1%, terbinafine 1%, butenafine 1%, miconazole 2%, or undecylenic acid. You should use the cream consistently and make this a part of your daily routine. Do not discontinue their use; this will put you at greater risk of reinfection.
- Disinfect your shoes at the end of each day using an antifungal spray or powder, or a household disinfectant such as Lysol. Do not wear them again for 48 hours. This can be accomplished by rotating shoes.
- The night of your initial procedure, change the bed sheets and vacuum carpets. Before your next shower, clean the tub/shower floor with a disinfecting cleanser containing bleach; or, use a product such as Lysol.
- Before you use your nail clippers again, sterilize them and nail files in a cup of bleach for 20 minutes or boil them for 30 minutes. Always disinfect after use.
- Keep your nails trimmed and clean.
- You may resume all normal activity. Wear flip-flops rather than walking barefoot, even in your own home. This is especially important at public areas such as pools and locker rooms.
- Remember, toenails grow slowly, Improvement will take time.
1850 S Stewart Ave Springfield, MO 65804 417-447-7777 mydermahealth.com