Welcome to DermaHealth! Thank you for choosing our clinic and trusting us with your skin care. It is our goal to work with you to achieve your best results possible. Call us if you have any questions at any time.
The following instructions will help you achieve the best results from your laser collagen remodeling treatment. Please take a moment to review this information and go over any questions and/or concerns you may have with your consultant or nurse.
If any questionable or suspicious lesions are noticed during your consultation, it will be recommended that you seek medical attention from your family physician or dermatologist.
Pre Treatment Instructions:
- Please reveal any medical conditions that may be of significance to the laser procedure—such as pregnancy, cold sore and fever blister tendencies, any type of allergy, recent facial peels or surgery, or any type of medication such as Accutane, or use of Retin-A.
- Do not use self-tanning lotions or tanning booths two weeks prior to your laser treatment. Do not sunbathe two weeks prior to your appointment. Any patient arriving with a tan or sunburn may be rescheduled due to the sensitivity of the procedure to altered skin color and for the sake of your own safety.
- Do not use skin care products such as Retin-A, OBAGI, or any face cream supplement that contains Hydroquinone or Glyquin for one week prior to treatment.
- Before a Genesis procedure, facial hair should be shaved as close to treatment time as possible.
- Please avoid caffeine the day of your treatment and drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to keep your skin hydrated.
Post Treatment Instructions:
- You may have mild swelling for 1-3 days after your treatment. Please apply an icepack to the irritated area for 1-2 days in approximately 15 minute sessions 3-4 times per day.
- Redness for 2-3 days is common. You may apply hydrocortisone cream 3-4 times per day to reduce this for no longer than 1 day. Makeup can be applied if necessary.
- Refrain from applying any creams or liquids that have not been provided to you by DermaHealth to your skin for the first 90 minutes after your treatment.
- Keep the skin hydrated and use only lukewarm water with gentle cleansers and moisturizers for 3 days.
- Ask our staff for recommendations of DermaHealth skin care products to use to enhance your procedure for your skin type
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure or use of tanning bed for one week after a treatment.
- Use a minimum of SPF 30 to protect your skin after your treatment.
1850 S. Stewart, Springfield, MO 65804 417-447-7777