Welcome to DermaHealth! Thank you for choosing our clinic and trusting us with your skin care. It is our goal to work with you to achieve your best results possible. Call us if you have any questions at any time.
Day of Pre-Treatment with Levulan:
- Wear clothing that will cover treated area (if possible. If face is being treated, arrange for a driver to take you home as you must avoid all sun exposure for 48 hours post treatment.)
- Plan on having a microdermabrasion, followed by an acetone scrub, then an application of Levulan.
- Incubation will be 1 hour for sun damaged skin and 1-2 hours for AK’s. You should plan on remaining in our office during this period of time – do NOT touch treated area.
Day of FotoFacial following Levulan:
- We will then wash your treated area(s) with DermaHealth’s Gentle Vitamin Cleanser.
- You will be placed under the Blu-U light with a Zimmer Cooler to keep you more comfortable.
- FotoFacial will be performed over treated Levulan area
- Remain indoors if treated area is uncovered and avoid direct sunlight after returning home.
- Take analgesics such as Tylenol or Advil, if desired, for discomfort
- Apply Aloe gel if swollen or puffy.
- Apply Aquaphor or Medical Barrier Creme frequently, your skin will feel dry; keep it MOISTURIZED
- You may take a shower. Men should not shave if their face is treated.
- You may take analgesics. Any discomfort usually subsides by Day 3.
- You should avoid sunlight and try to remain indoors on day 2. The photosensitivity to sunlight is usually gone 24 hours after treatment, but may last as long as 40 hours.
- For any extreme sunburn feeling, you may soak the treated areas with a solution of 1 tsp. white vinegar in 1 cup of cold water for 20 minutes every 4-6 hours. A cold pack may be applied directly over the vinegar soaks for 15 minutes. The area should be patted dry and Aquaphor or Medical Barrier Crème reapplied following the vinegar soaks.
- This can berepeated 3-4 times a day as needed.
Day Three – Seven
- You may begin applying make-up once any crusting has healed. The area may be slightly red for a few weeks. If makeup is important to you, please see one of our aestheticians for a complimentary consultation for Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup, which is all natural, inert, anti-inflammatory, and acts as a concealer with sunscreen. It is especially effective to mask redness.
- The skin will feel dry and tight – Aquaphor or Medical Barrier Creme should be used frequently.
- Try to avoid long exposure to direct sunlight for one week – no beaches or golfing, etc. Use a sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30 for four months.
1850 S. Stewart, Springfield, MO 65804 417-447-7777 mydermahealth.com