Welcome to DermaHealth! Thank you for choosing our clinic and trusting us with your chemical peel. It is our goal to work with you to achieve your best results possible. Call us if you have any questions or concerns.
- Absolutely do not go to a tanning salon for at least 3 weeks before or after a treatment.
- Discontinue use of Retin-A, Renova, Differin or any derivative of Vitamin A for 5 days before and after your treatment.
- Most patients who undergo these treatments have minimal redness for 1-12 hours. Due to the nature of these treatments, you may experience light flaking for a couple of days. Your skin may feel tight and dry. Apply moisturizer as frequently as needed.
- Unless recommended by your technician, do not apply topical medications, AHA or BHA products to the area for 5-7 days after your treatment, as they may be irritating.
- It is recommended that you do not apply makeup the day of your treatment. It is ideal to allow the skin to stabilize and rest overnight. Makeup can be applied if necessary.
- Follow your appropriate home care regimen as directed by your technician. Avoid direct sun exposure and excessive heat for at least 7 days (getting overheated internally can cause hyperpigmentation). Always use sunscreen/sunblock for your protection. Do not pick or pull at any loose skin, as this can cause hyperpigmentation or scarring.
- Do not have electrolysis, use chemical depilatories or wax the treated area for at least 7 days.
For the next 2 days:
- Do not apply ice or ice water to the treated areas. Vinegar soaks may be used if needed.
- Do not put the face directly into a hot shower spray. Do not use a steam room, Jacuzzi, or sauna.
- Do not go swimming.
- Do not participate in activities that would cause excessive perspiration.
- Do not use a Buff-Puff or other means of mechanical exfoliation.
- Do not direct a hair dryer onto treated areas.
1850 S. Stewart, Springfield, MO 65804 417-447-7777