Welcome to DermaHealth! Thank you for choosing our clinic and trusting us with your skin care. It is our goal to work with you to achieve your best results possible. Call us if you have any questions at any time.
The day of the treatment:
- Remain indoors and avoid any direct sunlight for the next two days. Photosensitivity to sunlight is usually gone in 48 hours.
- Take analgesics such as Tylenol or Advil if necessary. Any discomfort usually subsides by day 3.
- Keep skin moisturized with Hydrocortisone 1% ointment or Aquaphor for the next 3 to 4 days. Wash your face with the Gentle Vitamin Cleanser.
- You may experience mild swelling for 1 to 3 days after treatment.
- You can take a warm shower or bath. (Avoid using hot water because it will increase any discomfort) Men should probably not shave until the 3rd or 4th day after treatment, as skin may still be sensitive.
- You should soak the treated area with a solution of 1 tsp. of white vinegar in 1 cup of water for 20 minutes every 4 to 6 hours or as needed to calm the heat. The area should be patted dry and Hydrocortisone 1% ointment should be reapplied following the vinegar soaks.
- Continue to apply the Aquaphor if the areas treated begin to peel or crust. DO NOT PICK the crusted or peeling areas as this can cause an infection and/or scarring.
- You can begin applying makeup on the 4th day. Any makeup application prior to the 4th day can prolong the healing process and decrease the effects of the treatment. We recommend using a Mineral makeup, which is all natural, inert, anti-inflammatory, and acts as a concealer with sunscreen. It is especially effective to mask any redness.
- You can start to use your regular moisturizer by day 4.
- Try to avoid direct sunlight for one week. No Beaches! Use a sunscreen with a SPF 36 for 4 months after treatment.
- Post treatment considerations can include severe redness in the treated areas which may last from several hours to several days. There is a strong possibility of side effects such as blistering and burning if you are exposed to sunlight for the first 48 hours following the treatment.
1850 S. Stewart, Springfield Missouri 65804 417-447-7777