Welcome to DermaHealth! Thank you for choosing our clinic and trusting us with your skin care. It is our goal to work with you to achieve your best results possible. Call us if you have any questions at any time.
The following instructions will help you achieve the best results from your injection treatment. Please take a moment to review this information and go over any questions and/or concerns you may have with your provider.
Dermal Filler Pre Treatment Instructions:
To reduce the risks of bruising and/or bleeding, please avoid taking the following one week prior to your treatment and one week following your treatment:
- St. John’s Wort
- High doses of Vitamin E
- Anti-inflammatory medications
- Fish Oil
Dermal Filler Post Treatment Instructions:
- After your treatment, you might have some redness and swelling. This will normally last 2-3 days. Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling for 5-10 minutes every 2-3 hours. If the inconvenience continues beyond seven days or if other reactions or side effects occur, please contact your physician.
- Avoid touching the treated area within six hours following treatment. After that, the area can be gently washed.
- Sunbathing and cold outdoor activities should be avoided until any redness and/or swelling disappear.
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that needle punctures could contribute to recurrence. Speak with your physician/provider about medications that may minimize a recurrence.
- Avoid exercise, spicy foods and alcohol for six hours after treatment to minimize swelling.
For SCULPTRA Aesthetic recipients ONLY: Massage injected areas for 5 minutes, 5 times a day, for 5 days. Apply moisturizer before massaging to prevent irritation to the skin.
1850 S. Stewart Ave., Springfield, MO 65804 417-447-7777
Dermahealth is proud to offer Dermal Fillers in Springfield as part of our wrinkle treatments. For more information and to see if you’re a candidate for one of our wrinkle treatments, schedule a complimentary consultation with DermaHealth today.